Who are we looking for?
The Camp Counsellor is a role model, friend, leader and mentor for our campers. Each counsellor is responsible for a group of 8 - 12 campers. The camp counsellor facilitates friendships, runs unique group activities and is responsible for the pastoral care, safety and wellbeing of their campers.
Each counsellor will run at least one elective activity in the morning based on skill and experience. When applying, please look at which electives you have experience in teaching.
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Experience working directly with groups of children aged 5-14
- Ability to be a positive role model for children
- Experience in teaching at least one of the elective activities
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Maturity to be responsible for the care, well-being and safety of young people
- Experience of working at a summer camp
- First aid certificate
- All applicants must successfully pass full background and reference checks
- All successful applicants must be available to work the duration of the Camp, including staff training.
- The salary for working at our Summer Camp is dependent upon your age
- The salary is subject to all normal UK taxes - e.g. PAYE and National Insurance Contributions)
Contract Hours and Terms (summer)
We do not use zero hour contract so instead, we will gaurantee 5 weeks of work, out of the 7. Extra weeks may become available based on camper enrolment.
2019 Summer Employment Dates
Staff Training: Thursday June 27 - Saturday June 29
Week 1: Monday July 1 - Friday July 5
Week 2: Monday July 8 - Friday July 12
Week 3: Monday July 15 - Friday July 19
Week 4: Monday July 22 - Friday July 26
Week 5: Monday July 29 - Friday August 2
Week 6: Monday August 5 - Friday August 9
Week 7: Monday August 12 - Friday August 16
Days at Camp Indy start at 7.45am and finish at either 4.45pm or 5.30pm