Assistant Programme Manager
Who are we looking for?
The Assistant Programme Manager will assist the Programme Manager to help oversee and manage between 8-10 counsellors and the care and well being of 60-100 children each week. The Assistant Programme Manager will also assist with dealing with any issues for campers and staff.
The Assistant Programme Manager position is a critical role for the smooth running of Camp Indy. The role requires maturity, responsibility, experience and a good sense of humour.
The Assistant Programme Manager helps sets the tone for Camp - how we treat each other, how we interact with the campers and what kind of environment is created. This is a key aspect of the role and starts right from staff training and leads all the way through to how staff meetings run to how we say hello to campers at the start of everyday.
The Assistant Programme Manager will assist the Programme Manager for the day to day running of Camp Indy. They will assist with:
- The pastoral care of well being of the campers
- Supervising and overseeing the counsellors
- Running all-camp events such as campfires and colour wars
- Dealing with parents and any issues that may arise
- Setting the tone for Camp Indy
- Ensuring safety is paramount
- Running staff meetings/briefings at the start of the day and running debriefs at the end of the day
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Experience working directly with groups of young people aged 5-14
- Experience working at a summer camp
- Experience managing staff
- Abillity to be a positive role model for children and young people
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Maturity to be respoonsible for the care, well-being and safety of children
- First Aid certificate
- All applicants must successfully pass full background and reference checks
- All successful applicants must be available to work the duration of the Camp, including staff training.
- The salary for working at our Summer Camp Indy is £2660
- The salary is subject to all normal UK taxes - e.g. PAYE and National Insurance Contributions
2018 Summer Employment Dates
Staff Training: Thursday June 21st - Saturday June 23rd
Week 1: Monday June 25th - Friday June 29th
Week 2: Monday July 2nd - Friday July 6th
Week 3: Monday July 9th - Friday July 13th
Week 4: Monday July 16th - Friday July 20th
Week 5: Monday July 23rd - Friday July 27th
Week 6: Monday July 30th - Friday August 3rd
Week 7: Monday August 6th - Friday August 10th
Days at Camp Indy start at 7.45am and finish at 5.30pm