With over 20 years of experience running summer camps in the United States and the UK, the directors of Camp Indy understand the responsibility of looking after children. Safety will always be the number one priority - we will ensure children are always kept safe and risk is always minimised and fully assessed. Our staff are experienced and fully trained to ensure your child is in the best hands possible.
Our staff are experienced youth workers who have a significant amount of experience working with children and young people. They are mature, responsible, approachable and love working with kids.
- Staff to camper ratio 1:10
- Staff hiring - our application process includes a group interview where we meet the applicants and see how they interact with others
- Background check - every staff member is fully PVG checked
- References - every staff member gets two reference checks
- Training - We have a thorough staff training process which covers safeguarding, challengng behaviour, conflict resolution, learning games, emergency procedures and Camp Indy's philosophy and expectations.
- We take a precautionary approach to all health matters. We will ensure all activities are fully risk assessed and in case of any uncertainty, injury or illness - our first port of call is to always call the parents
- First aid staff are on site 24 hours a day. Staff are trained on where the nearest doctsors and hospitals are in case of an emergency
- We will have basic first aid supplies on site in case of any minor cuts and bruises
Activities & Risk Assessments
- All of our activities at Camp Indy are fully risk assessed
- Staff are trained on assessing risks and ensuring campers are kept safe at all times
- Camp Indy has a thorough emergency procedures policy
- All staff are fully trained in emergency procedures during staff training
The safeguarding of children and teenagers is of paramount concern to the International Summer Camp UK. We have thorough safeguarding procedures to ensure children are kept safe at all times and staff are fully trained on them during staff training.